Jun 5, 2009

Doctor's appt.

I had my appointment with my GP today. I don't get to see my OB until later. I did't really care for my doctor's way of handling things. I had to explain to him why I was on the medication I was when I was pg with Princess Magpie. I had to get him to check my blood pressure (considering I have a history of pre-eclampsia that is awful!), I had to get him to weigh me. He forgot to prescribe my prenatal vitamins. He just didn't seem on the ball at all. The only good thing he had going for him is that he listened to me when I called him on his stuff and he even looked it up while I was there and verified that I was right. I guess he will do until I get to see my OB but I am going to have to be on the ball and really aware of everything until then.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ugh, I hate dealing with doctors that seem to know less than I do. Sorry you have to deal with that. When do you get to see your OB? I didn't realize you had Pre-E issues...how bad was it? I ended up in the hospital on bed rest for almost 2 weeks before Abby was born at 35 wks 5 days. My hubby is freaked out at the thought of me getting pregnant ever again because of it all.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I was in the hospital two weeks before Princess Belle was induced at 37 weeks because of my Pre-E and I was in the hospital a total of 21 days with Maggie and had her via c-section at 8 weeks due to her being breach and my blood pressure being out of control.

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm glad I got to see my OB from the 1st appointment on!

Julie

Twitter