Jul 29, 2008

Baby Talk -- Week one

Now that she has been here exactly on week, I have come to realize that I am going to be a paranoid mommy. I wanted her for so long and I am just so nervous that she will get sick or that something will be wrong with her. I worry about her temperature, her coloring, how much she eats, and how much she sleeps.

And she sleeps a LOT. I have never met a baby who could sleep so soundly once she was truly asleep. She is truly impossible to wake up unless she is ready to wake up. I tried to wake her yesterday to get her to eat because she was sleeping just so long all day long. Waking her up took some work let me tell you. I tried jiggling her, changing her diaper, taking her outside in the cool breeze, tickling her, and everything else I could think of, and she just slept through it all. I sincerely doubt you will ever hear the phrase, "Sssshhh don't wake the baby." being uttered in this house.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Awww. My second daughter was like that. You could play a nine-piece band next to her crib and she wouldn't even stir.

Three years later? She's the lightest sleeper EVER. Hopefully your princess will always enjoy deep, undisturbed sleep.

Anonymous said...

all I can say is...enjoy it while you can because it won't last long. Two of my children were like that and they grew out of it by a month old. Take a NAP!!! You will seriously regret it if you don't take these quiet moments and savor them for yourself :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those deep sleeps while you can! They never lasted with my kids. *pout*

Notsosnowwhite said...

my dad says that Princess Magi-pie sleeeps like her Aunt Notsosnowwhite. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...just wait!!!

Twitter