Jun 14, 2015

Settling?

When I was a kid we moved a LOT . . . like really a LOT.  By the time I had married Prince Charming, I had moved more than 40 times in my life.  But when I turned 13, we moved to dad's hometown and we settled in that town until I had graduated high school.  It gave me a hometown.  It gave me roots.

It struck me that Princess Belle is 13 now.  It would be so nice to give that to her at this age too.  I would love it to have memories of Christmas in the one town.  I would love to have traditions involving small town parades and neighbors.  I want to give them roots.  Yarmouth is a lovely small town with all the conveniences of a big town.  It reminds me of home.  It is not in the city but it is close enough to go into the city when we need or want too.



I guess all of this rambling means that I am truly hoping that Yarmouth could be our last stop.  I want to call it home.  I want my kids and my husband to be happy.  I want to settle and just concentrate on educating my kids and watching them grow up.


No comments:

Twitter