Feb 3, 2015

Is it?

I have this thing.  It is kind of stupid and morbid I guess, but it is important to me.  Whenever I hang up the phone from someone important to me or leave home to go somewhere, I need to tell tell the person there that I love them.  That has to be the last words we say.



You see, I feel like if anything bad should happen to either one of us, I want to know that those were the last words we said to each other.  It can't be something stupid like, "go get the bus" or "gotta go".  It certainly can't be words said in anger.  So even if I am upset, or if I am in a hurry I always say, "I love you" before hanging up the phone.



I know it is kind of morbid to think that way, but I guess it also makes sure that those important to me know how much I love them.



Saying I love you is important to me.  I make sure to say it to my kids a lot.  But in a meaningful way that involves looking them in the eyes, hugging, or touching them lightly.  When they grow up, I need them to know that I loved and accepted them as they were always and without question.

I guess as obsessions go, it isn't really a bad one.

No comments:

Twitter