Feb 26, 2013

Tackle it Tuesday

(click the pic above to get to other Tackles for this week)
 
I have one area of the house that is NOT organized.  It is the room that everything gets put into when it has no place to go in this house that is WAY too small.  It is my bedroom, home office, storage area and general place to hang out when Little Prince is sleeping.  I like to use bookshelves for my clothes instead of dressers.  I use dressers in other areas for other things, but I do not like to put my clothes in them.  But then, in a room that has a lot of people going in and out of, my clothes get messed up. Stuff gets piled on it, and it begins to look shameful, embarressingly messy, like the pic below. The only reason I am showing it at all is because I have a better picture to follow.
 
 

So, I made a trip to the dollar store and found some storage solutions. I began to purge some clothes that were now too big since I have been losing weight and I began to organize the piles again and this is what I came up with.


The top shelf has one basket for casual shirts and one for dressy shirts.  The second shelf has one basket for jeans and one for casual pants.  And the bottom shelf has a basket for jammies and one for summer things that I can't wear right now.  The little box with the lid has all my unmentionables and the little boxes organize the other clutter.  One for my makeup and shampoo, one for other odds and ends like the measuring tape, picture hanging kit and studfinder, and one for my homeschooling bits likes pencils, pens, crayons and erasers.  All in all, it looks great.  Every container came from the dollar store, but they are all canvas and look great!  The whole thing cost me less than $20!


I LOVE this and Prince Charming said that this looks so good, I could do his too.  LOL

2 comments:

Julie said...

It looks great! I should do Tackle It Tuesday next week. I definitely have areas of my house to tackle. ;)

Julie said...

Looks great! Our dollar store doesn't have baskets like those.

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Twitter