Sep 3, 2012

Liebster Award



Gina Williams from Home is wherever we are if there's love there too nominated me for the Liebster Award.
It's an award for blogs that have 200 followers or less and is a great opportunity to network with other bloggers.
So fun!  Thanks Gina! 

11 Facts about me:
  1.  I met Prince Charming when I was 28 and completely convinced I was going to be alone for the rest of my life, so I had gone out and made a life I was happy with.
  2. I had my first baby a little over a month before I turned 30 years old and my last baby a day after I turned 41 years old.
  3. I never want to go through Empty Nest Syndrome.  The saddest day of my life will be the day there are no kids running around.  Prince Charming tells me that by that time we will have grandkids running around and that will be fun too.
  4. I totally want to be that grandma who is sweet and loving and full of laughter and love while making pies and cookies.
  5. I have been blogging so many years it is hard to think of things I haven't shared with you all already. Hmmmm . . . . I am a bit of a clean freak who married a very messy guy and who had very messy children.  LOL  I have had to relax my standards a bit (at times too much! LOL) but it secretly makes me happy when Princess Magpie tries to tidy her room or takes joy in helping me clean.  
  6. I take great joy in organizing and reorganizing.  I love the look of a freshly organized space.
  7. I am a big fan of the television shows Big Brother and Dr. Who.  I get a child-like joy out of them that I can't explain and I love that.  
  8. I LOVE to read and I am glad that I have passed that love on to my children.  I like to relax by reading in bed before going to sleep.  I have even been known to soak in the bathtub with a good book but I haven't done that since I had my fourth baby.
  9. I am estranged from my parents and while I regret that, I am still completely happy with my life and I wouldn't change it to fix my relationship with my mom and dad and I wouldn't go back and do anything differently even if I could.  
  10. If I could have LOTS Of kids without any health repercussions, I would have kept having kids.  I LOVE being a mom and watching my kids love on each other and me. But knowing how sick I get when I am pregnant, and knowing that I am not getting any younger this is my last baby and that makes me a little sad. 
  11. I started blogging to write funny stuff to entertain an audience, but over time it has become an outlet for me.  It is a place to connect with friends, a place to share and a place to think through for myself. 

Gina Williams Questions

1) If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
 A cat, I would love to stretch out in patches of light and soak up the warmth and relax.

2) What is something you wish you did on a more regular basis?
 Bake, I wish I had more time and energy to do lots of baking.  I don't do it nearly as much as I would like to.

3) What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
 Riding in the car with my family on one of our family vacations, listening to my dad sing me songs. 

4) Is there something you have always wanted to do but have yet to find the time to do it?
 Travel.  I would love to travel to all sorts of places around the world, like Australia, Scotland, England, Cuba, all sorts of places.

5) Do you remember your dreams very often?  If so, do you usually like what they were about?
 I usually remember them when I first wake up and sometimes I like them and a lot of times I REALLY don't.

6) Who or what has been an inspiration in your life?
 I guess my mom inspired me to try to be the best mom I could.  I especially would love to be half the cook that she is.  She works hard to keep the house tidy, good food on the table and to take care of us.  And while I wouldn't want to be as fragile as she always seemed, I would like to someday measure up to her in terms of cooking and cleaning.

7) What is something you use on a daily basis?
My coffee cup.  It is the first thing I get as soon as I get up.

8) If you're having a bad day, is there someone or something you always turn to to make you feel better?
I alway turn to Prince Charming or to my best friend, Notsosnowwhite.  To this day, they are both the only people I know who can make me feel better.

9) Do you still live where you grew up?  If not, how far away did you relocate?
 I have moved more than 40 times in my life, so it is hard to say where you would say I grew up.  I was in Ontario until I was about 7, Manitoba until I was about 13 and Newfoundland until I graduated high school.  (there were other moves as well) But I live in Nova Scotia now.

10) What is your favorite season of the year?
 I love the carefree days of summer and the family togetherness of the Christmas season.

11) If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would love to meet Prince Charming's grandfather.  I have heard him talked about and I would love to meet such a beloved man.

MY QUESTIONS
  1. What is the first movie you remember seeing in a theatre?  
  2. What novel had the biggest effect on you growing up and why?
  3. Is there anyone you have lost touch with that you would like to talk to again?
  4. What is the oddest thing  you have ever eaten?  Are you adventurous in that way?
  5. What is on your nightstand by your bed?
  6. Do you do lots of things in the summer, or do take the time to relax?
  7. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
  8. What is your most treasured item in your home?
  9. What is one song that brings back memories for you?
  10. What is your favorite holiday and holiday traditions?
  11. How would you describe your perfect day?

My nominees:
JulieBug from Love, Juliebug
Mar from m::.
Jamie from Just Your Everyday Blessed So and So
Julie from Multiple Blessings


The rules, if you choose to participate:
Post 11 things about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
Create 11 questions you want your nominees to answer.
Pass this award on to a maximum of 11 blogs.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the nomination! I started a draft on my blog, so that when I have more time (after school), I can work on my post. :)

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me!! I will totally do this!!! I'm busy thinking right now!!!

Gina Williams said...

Thanks for participating. I enjoy reading your entries. Hope you stop by sometime.

Twitter