May 8, 2012

Quick Curry Chickpeas and tomatoes

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


I made a yummy lunch today.  It was easy and so much better than I thought it would be.  In a saucepan I combined:

a little olive oil
1 can chickpeas (with a little of the liquid left in it)
1 package of grape tomatoes
1/2 cup corn
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp cayenne
a little salt
a little garlic powder
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp maple syrup

Combine all ingredients and heat through. I personally enjoy mashing a few of the chickpeas and leaving the rest whole.

No comments:

Twitter