Apr 17, 2012

New Steps

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


Over the years, Lilly has grown to really love reading, but she remained intimidated by books with few pictures and books with chapters. She managed to read them with encouragement, but it wasn’t something she volunteered to do, she preferred to read “Learning Books” and educational books, which of course, I thought was just fine. Well, today she picked up some books that my best friend bought her and she has spent all her spare time today cuddled up reading her chapter book. She is loving it and keeps pausing to tell me about it. I am happy for her venture into this part of reading and I am happy that she found her way here without being forced into it.

No comments:

Twitter