Dec 31, 2011

One step forward, two steps back

 For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


There is a reason that it has taken us so long to move back to Nova Scotia. We love it there. We always have, but moving from the island of Newfoundland to Nova Scotia is a right pain the neck. It is expensive and just when I think I have it all sorted away, there is another unexpected expense to jump up and rear it’s ugly head. In the past, when this happened, we changed our mind and stayed where we were, or moved to someplace second best, when Nova Scotia was still where we wanted to be. Well, this time, we will not be deterred. I don’t care how much stuff gets thrown in our way, how many new kinds of expenses I have been made to try to cover with this move, I WILL do this. I am tired of second best. We knew when we started this move that it was going to be a pain, it was going to be difficult, but we knew that just one month following this awful move, we would be SO MUCH better off than we are now. So we are sacrificing, we are working, we are doing what we can to get this done. If it means an awful first couple of weeks once we get there, we know that it will so much better afterwards. Our kids will be doing so much better over there, homeschooling will be better there.

This is kind of rambling post, but I guess I am feeling the need to justify why I am working so hard to move. The truth is, it is where we have always wanted to be. We have worked out our budget again and again and we will be better off financially there. And finally, I think it will be good for my family. People (family) don’t get it, but that is too bad. I am doing this for my children and my husband, nobody else has to get it.

No comments:

Twitter