Dec 20, 2010

Colors

When I moved into this house, I wanted to change my kitchen colors. I figured I could do it over time, but I was at a loss as to what colors to choose. Then I watched a show that said to take a cue from your wardrobe at the colors you see recurring in your clothing choices and the colors you are drawn to in general. So I took that little tidbit and filed it away in the back of my brain, I am in no hurry so I can take my time in picking a new color for my accessories and dishes and things as I purchase new ones.

I began to notice the kitchen items I was drawn to, the colors I loved. And I picked . . . Red. I actually love a nice deep Red. I love it as an accent color and I always have. And there is so much of it available right now. I even picked it for my living room accent color as well. So from now on as I need to replace things, I will replace them with nice red ones. I already have a nice red casserole dish and a brand new red can opener. You have to begin somewhere, right?

2 comments:

Julie said...

As for me, I always choose shades of blue, navy blue being my favorite. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Kelly L said...

I love shades of green and shades of peach... it took a lot of courage to use colors in our house and now that we did - I love it... My girls just recently had their rooms redone and they are not afraid of color... My oldest chose Blue walls and blue/gray with black and white highlights and my youngest went with purple walls with lavender, dark purple, and blue highlights.. They turned out great.. You are right you have to use colors you love.

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Twitter