Apr 23, 2010

TOS Review… Wanna Be Series, Firefighter


I was recently really excited to have the opportunity to review some homeschooling curriculum for a homeschooling magazine called The Old Schoolhouse. As you know, I love to try new things and to bring new and interesting things to my homeschooling with Princess Belle. The curriculum I reviewed was one of their E-Books called Wanna Be Series – Firefighter. This Unit seems to be geared towards elementary or middle school age children.

This is a very informative book that is packed with information. Because Princess Belle is Autistic and has a very short attention span, I broke it down into smaller portions by reading smaller amounts and then moving on to the activities such as the science unit, handwriting practice, puzzles and math problems. Princess Belle loved learning about the firefighters, and really enjoyed the science and the games. I have to say, the E-book is really is wonderful and incredibly comprehensive.

We had a lot of fun with this unit. (I would include pics but my camera needs batteries! Ooops! I will include pictures of our adventures with new products for future reviews, I promise). I have to say, if you have kids would enjoy learning about Firefighters definitely head over and check out the the E-book which is available here.

For only $8.95 it’s a steal and packed with fun information and activities. Other units in the series including Doctor, Chef and many more can be purchased individually for $8.95 per unit, or the entire set as a 10-pack for $89.50. I think it is well suited for almost any school age child and fun for the whole family.

No comments:

Twitter