Jul 12, 2009

14 weeks

I am 14 weeks pg today! I am feeling a little more energetic. I haven't had a headache for a few days and I am able to control my morning sickness now. So all is good. I have a new bed and bedspread for Princess Belle so we will be changing the rooms around soon to create a new nursery big enough for the new baby and for Princess Magpie. I am just waiting to find out when I can get rid of the old bed and stuff.

Fetal development - 14 weeks pregnant

Crown to rump, your baby is around 3 and a half inches / 9 centimetres long and weighs one and a half ounces / 43 grams. The body is now growing faster than the head. This week, its parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth). Though eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on top of the head is sprouting, this hair may change in both texture and colour after birth.

About now, the fetus can grasp, squint, frown, and grimace. It may even be able to suck its thumb. Researchers believe these and other movements probably correspond to the development of impulses in the brain.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! second trimester! Glad to hear that you're feeling better and hope it continues.

annies home said...

sounds so exciting and before long if not allready you will be able to feel him or her move

Julie said...

Officially into the 2nd trimester! Yay!

I hope we get to see pictures of the finished rooms! :D

http://scrapgrrl.com

Tasha said...

Are you gonna find out what this baby is?

Twisted Cinderella said...

yes, we are going to find out as soon as we can. I can't wait to share it with Princess Belle.

Twitter