Mar 11, 2008

Random thoughts

I have been thinking about home a lot lately. Not the home I grew up in, well it would be hard to narrow down the list from the the more than 40 places I have lived. But when I think of home, I think of somewhere I only lived for 6 months. I think of the people I knew there, of the way they made me feel a part of things, of the way that it so quickly felt right. I also think of the fact that in all of my more than 40 moves, moving away from this place was the only place that made me cry. Truthfully, being near Grandma great was a large part of what made that place home and I think anywhere that I could live that would be near her would feel like home for me as well. I think of the Christmas morning, I made muffins and biscuits and Grandma Great and Grandpa Grumpy came over and shared them with us while we opened presents. I guess I just miss having family near by. I miss small towns and spontaneous gatherings over a fire in the backyard or simply a nice cup of tea with someone who made me feel like I was her daughter from the first time I met her. It could be because I am 19 weeks pregnant or because I am sick but I am a little emotional today. I am thinking of home.

No comments:

Twitter