Dec 30, 2005

I wonder where they are

Where are they now? I woke up this morning remembering my bosses from one of my first jobs. I was a cake decorator and I loved it dearly. It was long hours on my feet and I didn't get any respect but I enjoyed being creative. I enjoyed being the only one that could do cakes quite the way I did. I worked there for 5 years and then when I moved, I did the same job for another three years. I loved it.

My bosses were really awesome. I used to babysit their grandchildren on occasion and they treated me really well. And suddenly this morning, after all these years, I had an incredible urge to send them a card and say hi and ask them how they are doing. It was fun to reminicse and I really don't even know where they are anymore but I am thinking, maybe I will see if I can locate them and see how they are.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good idea.
I rekindled some friendships this christmas time.... I'm so happy I did.

Anonymous said...

funny how things work like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh find them and send them a card just to say hi - they will like hearing from you- and it will just be a good thing.

I had a boss from the past just this past year track me down and offer me a job, which I had to turn down, as where would hubby work... but the thought that he created a position in his new company just for me - and it was a couple states away.. made me feel good...

Anonymous said...

Mine is a teacher my freshman year of High School. I'd just like to tell him thanks for being so great. Been trying to find him.

Anonymous said...

I often wonder about folks from the past... then I think would they ever remember me? lol

Happy New Year!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Finding folk is easy these days.

Anonymous said...

If I ever want to see what my boss is doing (from my first job), all I have to do is take a little drive down the street. You see, he still has the same job 10 years later. I guess he enjoys it!

Btw, happy new year!!!

Twitter