Dec 25, 2005

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

In a blur of flying wrapping paper and noisy relatives, the big day has come and gone. It was fun. Nobody noticed or cared that the gifts were more scarce than last year and Grandma Great worked her tail off to make sure that it was just as special.

Now as I sit here bleary eyed and hazy from lack of sleep and an early morning rise. I am glad that I made it through and that everyone is happy.

Tomorrow, I hope, Notsosnowhite will arrive and I will get the best present of all, spending some time with my best friend for the holidays. I am so anxious to see her and to visit with her. I love her more than I could love any relative by blood and just thinking about her now reminds me of how much I miss her. How many people get the chance to REALLY get to know their best friend? How many people get to have their best friend live with them for the first three years of their daughter's life. Close quarters and everything else included, through that process, Prince Charming and I gained a best friend and my daughter gained an Aunt that loves her more than words can ever say. How lucky can I be?

Well now that exhaustion has gone and made me sappy, I am going to sign off. Here's to a wonderful Christmas for all and for many more to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great visit with your friend!

Anonymous said...

I am glad everyone was so happy also-especially you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy but happy time was had by all. I too have one of the those friends and know exactly what you are talking about. Enjoy your time together, it's special!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you did get what you wanted! ;)

Merry Christmas, I hope it was joyful and relaxing!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your Christmas was good. And your friend is indeed a blessing. A wonderful present if I do say so myself.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. And in the end, spending time with people we love really IS what it's all about!

Twitter