Dec 11, 2005

No money and poor planning

I feel a little bad. Today is Prince Charming's Birthday. But with the move and Christmas coming and all our financial woes, I can't do anything. I have nothing to even make a cake out of and as tomorrow is pay day I can't buy it. So poor Prince Charming has nothing special happening today.

It must suck for him to have his birthday so close to Christmas. I imagine that this isn't the first time that has happened. In fact one of his pet peeves is combined Christmas/birthday presents that he was always getting. I never wanted to do that to him. I wanted him to know that his special day is always special but I guess as we grow up we realize that sometimes budgets get in the way.

On the up side, Grandma Great called and asked us to come for supper so maybe she is going to do something special for him. I wish I had tried a little harder to make it possible for something special to happen. He says he understands, but I still feel bad.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about doing something for him tomorrow or the next day?

In the meantime, how about all your readers leave him a special birthday message right here...

Happy Birthday Prince Charming! You have a family who love you very much!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Prince Charming! And I bet your little princess and you are the best gift of all. Have her draw him a picture--those are my favorite gifts!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birhtday Princess Charming. Have a good one and remember you are special to the ones that loves you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Prince Charming!!!

I like Cheryl's idea of Princess drawing him something special. Gifts from the heart are the best kind. Make the cake tomorrow, and celebrate all over again.

Anonymous said...

if he understands then he'll understand if you do something special for him tomorrow too. you can still make a cake, maybe he can help decorate it.
happy birthday to your little prince.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday PC!

Anonymous said...

I told Prince Charming that I loved him and he is a wonderful husband and father to our daughter. Grandma Great had a wonderful dinner for us with a couple of birthday cards. So that was nice. I will probably do something for him tomorrow.

in the meantime, I love Karen's idea I will read him all of your birthday Wishes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Prince Charming!!!!

Twitter