Dec 5, 2005

Idiosyncrasies

--Idiosyncrasies
I was tagged by Miliner's Dream, for this meme. This idiosyncrasies meme is a tag from doulicia. And as doulicia so eloquently asked, in her blog, "Do you really want to know this?"

List your idiosyncrasies.

1. I am a bit anal about things on shelves. I line my books up exactly even with each other and with the edge of the shelf. If it is messed up I can leave it for a while, but eventually I have to go fix it.

2. I insist on doing things that will probably hurt me. I refuse to acknowledge that I am no longer 17 years old and where I could go ahead and change around the furniture in the living room on my own in the past, if I do it now, in the least, I am going to have a sore back at the worst I am going to be out of commission for a while. I drive Prince Charming crazy with this.

3. I hate going to doctors. After all the doctors and surgeries, I hate hate hate going to doctors. So much so that I live by the philosophy that if I ignore any health issue, it will eventually go away. This does NOT work and it also drives Prince Charming crazy. He says that between this one and number two I don't have sense enough to look after myself.

4. I used to be an outgoing, talk to anyone type of person, but over the years and moves, I have switched and I am more of a shy take a back seat and let others take over the conversation type of person. Prince Charming is very talkative and him being that way lets me warm up and talk more later when I more comfortable.

5. I LOVE earings. I used to have over 200 pairs. I don't anymore. I lost them in my moves. but I still love them. I don't even wear any anymore. I sometimes tell myself that I am going to start collecting them again so that I can have them to wear but I always find something better to do with my money.

6. I tend not so spend money on myself. I go to the store with good intentions but then I decide that Little Princess needs this or would look adorable in that or maybe it is Prince Charming that could use it, or groceries that could be bought and then I don't buy for me. (This is kinda funny considering that this year, I am going to have to fill up my own stocking)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am almost afraid to admit that you and I are the same when it comes to the shelves and books and things needing to be just so. It drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

Fun list! I do the shelves thing also. And the not spending money thing. I still remember you choosing between toast and your coffee... alas, being a mom...

Anonymous said...

I loved this meme, I will definitely snag this one for my own blog.

There's always something else to spend money on, but buying yourself a pair of earrings here or there would be good for you! everyone needs to think of themselves every once and a while!!

Doctors visits and check ups are very important, but you know this already... :)

Have a great Monday TC!

Anonymous said...

I love idiosyncrasies (did i spell that right? - Bigwhitehat busted me last time for spelling it wrong on another blog - LOL)

I am so with you on the book thing. I'm completely obsessive compulsive about that kinda stuff!

I've also always had an earring thing, but developed a sensitivity to everything but gold and silver so naturally I cant afford them like I used to ;). Also, when I had Incrediboy I stopped wearing them so as to save my lobes from being ripped - I could probably wear them again now but I'm out of the habit ...

Thanks for continuing to visit my blog while I'm posting so infrequently, sweetie - HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I don't have to have the books just so in that way, but I do like them to be organized by author or subject...lol. And my cds have to be alphabetical and then chronological if there is more than one by an artist. And dvds have to be alphabetical, too. My obsessive compulsive thing is hand lotion. I can't stand for my hands to be dry. Every time I wash them, I have to put lotion on them.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I so wish I did not go to the doctor. I live by the same idea. That health issue will heal itself. Usually it does.

What mom spends cash on herself????

Anonymous said...

you don't sound too wacked out to me.

Anonymous said...

lol <<<<<<<<<#2-3 and #5-6 is me to

Anonymous said...

i do that shelf thing too.
i also buy things for my own christmas stocking. we never did stockings before the kids were born so my husband never got "taught" what to buy, but i think it's better that way. i also seem to do without before my kids, i really have to force myself sometimes to buy something for me.

Anonymous said...

Ah, cute!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing as you in #6. I feel terrible buying myself something...although you can tell I haven't updated my wardrobe in about 3 to 4 years!

Twitter