Dec 29, 2005

The last Thursday Thirteen of 2005



Thirteen Things about Twisted Cinderella


1. Grandpa Grumpy took Little Princess Belle out on the skidoo today. It was so cute to see them grinning as they sped around and around.


2. I brought Grandma Great some homemade turkey soup. Just my way of saying thanks.

3. I had a couple of drinks last night. Just 3 but I am so tired today I wonder if that is why.

4. LP Belle has a new baby doll that she is really mothering. It is so adorable.

5. I often get the feeling that LP Belle is a consolation prize in replacement of the grandson who moved away. It makes me sad. I wish that they would say that they love her and are glad to see her not that they are glad she is here as it helps with the pain of missing their grandson.

6. I guess I am oversensitive.

7. I know that this is hard for them so I don't say anything.

8. When Grandpa Grumpy got a picture of his grandson for Christmas, he had to leave the room sobbing. He completely broke down.

9. It was heartbreaking and sad.

10. I am making spaghetti for Notsosnowwhite for supper. It is one of her favorite meals.

11. I have so much to do today and all I really want to do is sit around drinking coffee and visiting with Notsosnowwhite.

12. We have been so tired every night since she got here we have gone to bed early every night.

13. Around here it is the tradition to keep all the decorations up and all the opened presents under the tree to show visitors when they come to visit until Old Christmas Day (Jan 6). It is slowly starting to spread out around the living room with LP Belle picking at it and I am about ready to put it away. Do you think I will hold out until Jan 6?



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday 13. It sounds like maybe you've had a bittersweet Christmas. I hope you're feeling better these days.

I don't know about the decorations. I'm actually thinking about taking them down this weekend. Last year I didn't take the tree down until Feb because I was too lazy! LOL.

My 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you can hold out. They may not be under the tree but they'll be in the same room!

My decorations come down this weekend. Then I have to put away the leftover gifts that are still underthere. I don't look forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the New Year. Then I can take down my tree.

Hope you are having a wonderful time w. your friend...stay up late, laugh, have a drink.

My 13

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that given a little more time that the Princess will indeed be a special object of their affection. They're just hurting now. But I bet she'll wrap her little self all around their hearts and you won't have to feel sad anymore. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Ugh. I don't even wanna think about taking down the decorations. It feels like I just put them up! :o)

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

~Julie
http://simplymylife.blogspirit.com/archive/2005/12/29/thursday-thirteen.html

Anonymous said...

You can do it, it's tradition!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, spaghetti!!!

Btw, I'd say, keep it up for just a little while longer...what's another week?

Anonymous said...

Wow, a skidoo? I WANT ONE!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is always hard to except different amounts of love from grandparent to grandchild. However it is not your responsiblity that they do, but that she LB show them how much love she has.

As for tradition well my tree will come down the day after New Years.
I'm slowly putting things from under it now, but replacing them with new wrapping paper and supplies. I buy a head and put a way for next year.

Anonymous said...

We keep our trees up till Jan 6th too... but the gifts are slowly moving out of the room. LOL! I've gotta figure out where to put most of them.

Happy New Years!

http://lillyput.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ack... I get so sick of all our Christmas decor that I have to tear it all down well before New Years!

I'm so sorry about LP Belle's Grandpa not showing the feelings he ought to be. Maybe he does, but doesn't know the right way to articulate them?

Anyway... came to visit this week's T13, but since you skipped this week (not judging... I skipped last week), I thought I comment on this one. I'll be back!

Twitter