Dec 14, 2005

So much for my good attitude (warning some serious whining is about to follow)

Tonight I miss civilization. I don't own a car and I miss buses and taxis. I miss being able to go where I want when I want. I hate that a week ago, Grandpa Grumpy promised to pick me up some vegetables at the market while he was there. And earlier, he promised to pick them up today. But tonight, I ate rice because Grandpa Grumpy couldn't be bothered to keep his promise.

I hate that Grandma Great promised to take me into town today when she went so we could get groceries together and then yesterday she went without me. So now I am stuck without groceries because I can't get to a g*d-d*mn store. I am so frustrated.

I that I moved in the winter and that it is hard to get around so that means the only people I know in town are Grandpa Grumpy and Grandma Great. I hate that my best friend lives so far away and so when Prince Charming and the Little Princess take and afternoon nap, I am left alone with no one to talk to. Some days I like to be alone, but some days I would love a to have a girlfriend to chat with or someone to talk to.

I know I will be fine and that part of this is will be cured when I finally own a car and part of it is that it is winter and I have only been here about a month and a half. But today I would kill to be able to hop on a bus and go Christmas Shopping and then stop for coffee on the way home.

There are advantages to living in the peace and quiet of a rural area. A small school for the Little Princess, a crime rate of zero, vegetables straight from the farm, etc. But there are also disadvantages and today they are driving me crazy and making me lonely and sad.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{Hugs}}}} Sometimes it just helps to vent doesn't it? Hope you feel better tomorrow TC!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, it will get better. I know it sucks to be without a car and the winter on top of it, ugh!

:)

Anonymous said...

Huggin' you from here! Sometimes I feel lonely here in the big city. Hang in there TC, it'll get better!

Anonymous said...

I hate not having my car for even a few days...but I couldn't imagine not having a car at all!

Just so you know, this too shall pass!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there it will all work out!???? You'll be just fine,,,, OK go ahead adn get realllly mad. now feel better!

Anonymous said...

It can only get better from here, right? I'm sure you had great reasoning for moving where you did (as noted in your post)- and it will all fall into place. Whine, complain and vent it out. It'll help you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I hope you're feeling less lonely soon!

Anonymous said...

isn't nice how it's usually your family that makes it so hard on you during the holidays?

coudl you possibly do something extremely annoying and keep doing it until grandpa grumpy or grandma great WANT you to get out of the house?

sit there while they're watching t.v. and ask anoyingly obvious questions about the show they're watching?

use your cell phone next to grandpa grumpy and talk to your girlfriends about menstrual cramps?

talk to the walls?

talk to Jesus out loud and tell him how you feel a bit...trapped

make a fake phone call to the pharmacy asking if they could fill an emergency prescription for insulin and have it delivered????

i have more suggestions if you like.. just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Doc-t. The problem is that Grandma Great and Grandpa Grumpy live 2 houses away. I don't think even I can be annoying enough from two houses away to make them want to send me to town. LOL

Twitter