Aug 4, 2011

Invented recipe

They have been working on our roads for the last few weeks and I haven't been able to get our of my driveway. I have been putting off getting groceries until it was cleared out. Well, yesterday I decided we really needed me to get out and get some groceries and wouldn't you know, I walked down the road and realized that it was a civic holiday and the grocery store was closed. So I went home and got creative for our supper. Prince Charming LOVED it and told me to mark it down. I made a double batch as he had a friend over and I wanted to have lots, but this is how I would make it:

Heovos Rancheros Strata Casserole

1 cup salsa
1 small can corn
1/2 package bacon
bread cubed (enough to put a good layer in my roaster)
6 eggs
grated Cheese

I fried the bacon and then mixed all the ingredients except the cheese in greased a roasting pan. Bake at 350 degress for about 1/2 hour. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the casserole. Put it in the oven and leave it in until the cheese is melted. This was a huge hit with my whole family.

No comments:

Twitter