Mar 11, 2013

Time away

Some women don't like when their men go out with the guys.  I won't go so far as to try to figure out why or what is going through their minds, but I will say it doesn't bother me. 

When Prince Charming wants to go out, I really don't mind.  He doesn't go out a lot and that may be why, but I figure he needs a break away from four kids and that's okay. 

Usually after the kids go to bed, Prince Charming and I spend our evenings together, but on those nights that he isn't here, I just take some time and curl up with a book, a movie, or take some computer time.  I will admit, I don't sleep as well when he isn't there and I breathe a sigh of relief when I know he is home and safe and has made it through our scary neighbourhood to get back home, but I don't begrudge him the time away. 

There are days when I need to take a little time, run to the store to get groceries, go to a thrift store or just to get a cup of coffee and relax and he doesn't begrudge me that either.  After 11 years, we understand the give and take and the need to see something outside these four walls once in a while.

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

I know what you mean - my husband travels a lot for his job and although I've had 24 years to get used to it - I still sleep better when he is home...
Love to you - Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Twitter