Mar 12, 2013

Tackle it Tuesday


(click the pic above to get to other Tackles for this week)
 
This week, I tackled under my kitchen sink.  I have tried tiding before, but without good storage solutions, things just got messy again as soon as someone else went under there to get anything.  So when I looked under my kitchen counter and found this travesty, I knew I had to do something.

So I looked around to see what ideas I could find.  I came up with two things.  A magazine holder and some wipes containers.  I had a few extra wipes containers around from times we happened to pick up the individual packs instead of the box of refills we usually pick up. 

I used the magazine holder to store things like saran wrap and sandwich bags (I am going to get one more to make it a bit better, but this will do for now.  I used the wipes containers to store folded grocery bags and blue recycling bags.  This is what it looked like when I was done.  I will say that it has been a couple of days and it still looks neat and tidy!  (Only two things have changed, the blue bags are beside the other containers now, not underneath and the blue can in the back is now gone to recycling as well.)  I am waiting for another wipes container to become available and then I will store my garbage bags in that one.  The labels are just mailing labels and sharpie marker so they are not pretty, but they are clear and obvious and everyone knows what everything is.  I just love how much better everything looks!


 

No comments:

Twitter