Mar 30, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Oatmeal

This oatmeal is a bit of a treat, but it was a HUGE hit with my kids.  I simply put all the seasonings and add-ins that I usually would put in oatmeal cookies and added them to their oatmeal and they each at THREE bowls of oatmeal without stopping!



2 cups oatmeal
4 cups water (or milk of you prefer)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cloves
1 tsp allspice (I planned to use this but was actually out and left this out)
1/2 - 3/4 cups sugar (adjust to your preferred sweetness)
1 cup raisins

(I added 1/2 cup of trail mix as well because I had it on hand, but this is completely optional and I may not add it next time if I don't have any around or I may add some nuts instead)

Simply combine ingredients in a pot and cook over medium until it has reached desired thickness.  I garnished with a little cinnamon sugar on top and the kids were thrilled with it.

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

We love oatmeal here! I can't wait to try this with my kids. :-) Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I am going to be featuring this recipe this coming week! Congratulations! :-) :-) Be sure to stop by and grab an "I've been featured" button for your blog. I can't wait to see what you will share this week. Many blessings, Lisa :-)

Twitter