- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute all-purpose flour for half the amount)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg,
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey (or sugar, or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Place ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. (You can add a little bit of flax seed meal to up the fiber if you like)
- Heat a griddle to 375 degrees (medium).
- When griddle is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter per pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear and edges are puffed. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden.
Per two-pancake serving:
Total Fat 5.2g (sat 0.6g),