Sep 11, 2009

Friday Five


  1. Well the neighbour stress is getting to me and I had crazy nightmares all night long. For once I was glad when Princess Belle woke me because she had been sneaking drinks before bed and peed her bed for the first time in a while. I had been dreaming that I had the swine flu and I was worried about losing my baby and my mother and sister were telling me to give up on the baby, move on and just view it as a terrible tragedy and I was soooo angry at them.
  2. Schooling is actually going great. We have come into our own now and I am happy with our balance. She is enjoying it and still learning. I intersperse parts of the harder subjects with interesting related projects or related shows that can illustrate what we are learning. I find related worksheets and activities on-line that I can supplement our bookwork with so that we are not just glued to the book all the time. We do our spelling on the computer which makes it so she doesn't have to write out the words. (speaking of spelling she went from knowing 10 our of 20 words on Monday to knowing 17 out of 20 today!!!) I had a moment this week where I saw her finally get a math idea that she had been struggling with and I was so excited for her, I gave her a big hug and kiss! She loved it.
  3. We learned about Mexico yesterday so I am making Mexican Lasagna for supper tonight. Just a little something that I thought she would like. We went to the library last week and Princess Belle loved it. I told her that once we move, we will be doing more and more outings as a part of our schooling. I want her to learn about the world around her. I want to make these lessons feel real to her.
  4. We are making strides towards our move. We are having an inspection on our place done soon so we can transfer to a new unit in our new town. I am thrilled a little nervous about that, but I did find our inspection for when we came in and I can fix most things really quickly as there has been no big damage since we moved in.
  5. I am losing my memory these days. I had a 5th point all thought out and then I lost it. Oh well . . . I have a long list of things I need to accomplish and I just wish I just had more energy in this 5 1/2 month pregnant body of mine. I want to paint our cupboards, do our laundry, wash our floor, pack some boxes, get outside with the kids and enjoy some fresh air, avoid the people that are the reason I am moving while still talking with the ones that I like. I can't wait until this move is over.
  6. (OH I remember number 5 now . . . so now you get a bonus ramble) I had a doctors appointment this week with my OB-GYN. He was really proactive and had a list of tests he wanted to do on me because of my previous complications. I really like that. The other doctor I have been seeing seems not to know anything really about pregnancy and I had to request some things. When I told my OB-GYN what I had requested he exclaimed, "GOOD GIRL!" which made me laugh. He heard my baby no problem and he said she sounded like a girl. LOL He is going to order another U/S to check on her and he ordered some blood work to check on me. I wish I could take him with me when I move.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been away awhile! Your moving and having neighbour troubles?? I am sorry to hear that!! Glad that school is going well and that you have a doctor you like!!

Julie said...

Bummer that you have to change doctors mid-pregnancy... Especially when you like him! Darn those neighbors anyway! ... Though it sounds like they place you're moving to will be a good place to live. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Crazy Working Mom said...

I think that the more children we have, the more our memory fades! It's quite discouraging, actually! *LOL*

I hope the moving situation is resolved soon and it's less stress for you. As for the nightmare...it's horrible. I hope you don't have any more of those i the near future. I think being pregnant has something to do with nightmares, though. I did the same thing.

Twitter