Sep 20, 2009

24 Weeks (6 months) and Scrabooking Layouts





I am 6 months pregnant now. I am feeling pretty good. I mean, I have the normal pregnancy stuff, my back and me knees are sore, but I am coming to a routine regarding homeschooling, taking care of Princess Magpie and taking care of the house. My belly is getting huge as you can tell in the pregnancy layout above (that one pregnancy pic was taking today). I am feeling lots of movement now and I LOVE every minute of it.

Fetal development - 24 weeks pregnant

Your fetus weighs more than 1.3 pounds/ 600 grams. Though she still has little body fat and her skin is thin and fragile, she's now well-proportioned. Her brain is growing rapidly, and she is starting to fill the space in your uterus. From crown to heel she could measure 11.8 inches / 30 centimetres. If you went into labour at this time, however, many obstetricians and midwives would make every effort to halt the progress of premature labour to enable your baby to continue maturing.

You may be noticing faint, red or brown streaks known as striae or stretch marks on your abdomen, hips and breasts. While creams won't erase them, wearing a supportive bra may help prevent or minimize them on your breasts. They are very common at this stage of the pregnancy -- about 90 per cent of women get them. After you've given birth, the reddish or brown pigmentation in the stretch marks gradually fades, and the streaks become lighter than the surrounding skin.

Also, your eyes may be light-sensitive and may feel gritty and dry. This is a perfectly normal pregnancy symptom known as 'dry-eye'. To ease your discomfort, use an "artificial tears" solution to add moisture.

4 comments:

Calico Crazy said...

Your scrapbook layouts are gorgeous!

Calico Contemplations

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Where do you do your scrapbook layouts again? They are great. And you are looking great. Keep up the great growing! :-)

Hope things work out OK with the homeschooling etc. Keep up with it!

Julie said...

Congrats on hitting 6 months! Your due date is getting closer!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twisted Cinderella said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I do my layouts on my computer using Adobe Photoshop.

Twitter