Sep 12, 2009

Epiphany.

I had an epiphany the other day. I was at the bus stop at the local university watching the college students hurrying to classes, worrying about their schedule and being excited to get back to classes. As I looked at them, I realized that for the first time, that I can remember, I have no desire to go back to school. I loved college, I had a good time there. And many times over the years that I have wished I could go back to school and take something else. I have longed for a different job, a different education than I have. But now, I am happy in my life (other than the current neighbour harassment, moving situation.) I love teaching my girl, taking care of my girls, being a SAHM. I don't know that I am always on top of things, and I don't know that I do it perfectly, but I am doing the best that I can and the journey is by far the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. I love being here with my girls and watching them grow and change. I love having conversations in homeschool where I see into my girl's soul and her life. I am so much more a part of their lives. And while I am struggling to keep on top of the housework, I wouldn't change it. I will get better at it. But I am good at the important part, being a mom. That is what I enjoy and that is what I wouldn't change. And that is why I have no desire to go back to college, or to get a new job. I am finally doing what I was meant to do.

(BTW, I had a friend give me a bunch of Kushies cloth diapers!!! I was so excited!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm happiest being a SAH-Homeschooling-mom too. I never had a desire to go to college...

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter