Sep 18, 2009

Sooo Frustrated!! (updated)

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am being forced to enroll my girl in public school for the time being. I am contacting my lawyer and making some phone calls to get this straightened out. But it all goes back to those same harrassing neighbours who are the reason we are moving!!! Will they ever stop causing us troubles???? I am so done. So now my girl is crying, she doesn't want to go to school, she says she likes how I help her learn. I am telling her that it is temporary and that we will do what we can to get her home as soon as possible.

I am really upset and stressed and as we speak right now, I believe Prince Charming is talking to our lawyer. But why do people have to make things such a hassle.

EDITED TO ADD: I was right, Prince Charming was talking to our lawyer. He has advised that we are completely within our legal rights to disregard the instructions we received today and we are NOT to send Princess Belle back to school. He has given me confidence that we can rely on him and this will all be taken care of. I tell you, retaining this legal counsel when we decided to homeschool is the best thing we have ever done.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

I am so sorry, for you and princess Belle. No child should be at the end of brutal adults...I hope everything works out for you and FAST. ((hugs))

Tonya said...

My prayers are with you and your family.I know God will see you through this:)

Julie said...

I don't understand how your neighbors could cause trouble with the homeschooling... They sure sound like a NIGHTMARE though. Wish you could move sooner!!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Trust me, they found a way. They neighbours have been harassing us for a while. They turn up at our house, they spread lies around the neighbourhood and when they get really upset, they registered complaints that have been checked out by the proper people and found to be invalid. (We are not their only targets, we have talked to most of the parents on our street and they have informed us that since moving to our street, they have had to deal with the same thing including registered complaints.) My lawyer says the complaints are completely invalid, unfounded and we have no need to worry. But, even if they were valid (which they aren't!!!) they have no legal bearing on our homeschooling and should not have been (and are not legally allowed to be) taken into account by the board of education. So that is where our lawyer is taking over.

Twitter