So I am going to try just eating clean healthy whole foods. I know the basic rules to eating healthy, so I will stick to that. I am not interested in concentrating on a rapid weight loss diet, I want to learn to simply eat healthy and teach my girls to do that too.
Here are some things I know:
- I know that chemically laden boxed junk that is more a science experiment is not healthy.
- I know that I don't want to teach my girls that diet pills, food obsessions, and crazy diet schemes are the way we think about food.
- While I don't have a big issue with diet drinks, I want to make the switch to lemon water (which I love) and a home made ginger lemon tea.
- I know that it is better to have my fridge filled with fruits and veggies and lots of fresh foods instead of having cupboards filled with snack bars and cookies.
- Concentrate on nutrition, higher fibre foods, foods with healthy fats, vitamin rich foods.
- Weight loss diet foods, foods with saccharin, aspartame and other fake foods are not good for me.
- If I concentrate on whole healthy foods, avoid junk that is white processed, sugar laden and full of chemicals I will not need to worry so much about counting calories. I need to learn to listen to my body and it will tell me the proper amount I need to eat.
- Basically if someone's grandma would look at it (or the ingredient list) and not recognize it as food, I should not be eating it.