- 8 ounces whole-grain angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sweet potato peeled & shredded (about 1 medium)
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Cook pasta until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes or according to package directions.
Place 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in a large skillet.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant, 2 to 5 minutes.
Add sweet potato, bell pepper, tomatoes and water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bell pepper is tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Return the pasta to the pot.
Add the vegetable mixture, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, tarragon, vinegar (or lemon juice), salt and cheese; toss to combine.
Add the reserved pasta water, 2 tablespoons at a time, to achieve the desired consistency.
(Makes 4 servings)
12 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono);
7 mg cholesterol;
62 g carbohydrate;
12 g protein;
9 g fiber;