- Get rid of high saturated fat, high cholesterol, or "junk foods."
- Select cholesterol-friendly foods by "shopping the perimeter." Stick to:
- fresh fruits
- lean meats, fish and seafood
- low-fat dairy products.
- whole grains
- egg whites
- Concentrate on "high-fiber" or "whole-grain" and look at the Nutrition Facts Label listed on packaging.
- Prepare foods by using baking, steaming, boiling, broiling, grilling or microwaving techniques. Avoid frying foods.
- Fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds are good snack options
- Foods that some consider to help lower cholesterol:
- green tea
- olive oil
- flaxseed meal
Feb 25, 2014
Diet to Reduce High Cholesterol
I am researching ways to improve my cholesterol, beyond the regular lose weight, which I am working on anyway. Here are somethings I have learned so far: