Thirteen things about my day:
- Princess Magpie is still not going potty on the potty. She is waiting until bedtime and using her pull-up. She has tremendous bladder control, I have to tell you. I am giving her time. She likes the potty, but one of the things about her that makes me wonder if she is on the autism scale like her sister is her insistence on routine. She is convinced that a pull-up or a diaper is where that goes. I am working on making her feel better and letting her spend as much time as she likes on the potty and hopefully she will go one day by accident and then I can celebrate and she can get it.
- On the other hand, Princess Snifflefritz has seen us working with (just turned 4 year old) Princess Magpie and asked us for underwear and asked if she could go potty too. I figured she is only 2 1/2 but what the heck, I gave it a shot and she DID IT!!! First try she did it!! She doesn't have the bladder control her sister does but she has managed to go every time she sat on the potty.
- I made a roast chicken dinner for my family. With my guest still staying with us, I had to make 2 chickens but it was a HUGE hit and everybody loved it. It was worth heating up the house.
- I get a kick out of seeing all the cloth diapers on the clothes line. It makes me happy to see them out there every morning shining in the morning sun.
- I love my guest, he is great and so helpful with Little Prince but I do miss alone time with Prince Charming. I miss our evenings alone watching our shows and chatting.
- I LOVE this house. I wish we could stay here forever! But I know that at some point Little Prince is going to need a bedroom and that sucks. I didn't know that he wouldn't be able to share with the little girls because Princess Magpie will be at least five or six by the time he is old enough to be in the room with them. And while Princess Snifflefritz would be young enough, Princess Magpie likes sharing with her little sister and Princess Belle likes having a room of her own.
- I am glad to be putting my diet back on the list again. I need to do that. I even went out and bought scales.
- I bought some earings at the dollar store! I know it is silly but they look nice, I won't be heartbroken if they break and I LIKE wearing earings again.
- There is a nice kid in our neighbourhood. He has said to Princess Belle that he doesn't care if she is a little odd he knows she has autism and that isn't her fault so he likes her anyway. He isn't judgmental and it makes my life easier to see her happier.
- I did discover that the one little hoodlum that loves to make her miserable, loves to make a LOT of kids miserable. I think he actually likes Princess Belle but he is only 8 and doesn't know how to show it, so he makes her feel bad.
- I am still on top of housework in this place. Or at least I am better on top of it than I was elsewhere. I have off days when the kids have tag-teamed me all night and I haven't had much sleep but for the most part an organized house is easier to keep tidy.
- I put pictures up on the walls!! It looks great.
- I can't wait to get a stud-finder so that we can hang the curtains.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants