Jun 12, 2007

Floor Tackle

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

It's Tackle It Tuesday, again and I have decided to tackle my floors. I don't have a before pic, but I will explain that I have these awful tiles that always look dirty and are pretty worn out and stained by the door. I am considering doing something about them, even if I do only rent. But in the meantime, I took the time to really scrub them as best I could. I scrubbed hard. And by the door, which is the worst area, I scrubbed the floors and beat the mat and the put it outside to air. The whole thing looks at least tolerable now which is an improvement.


I had planned on getting to the room that was to be the baby's room. I would like to clean out the closet and put the things we had bought for the baby away. But I don't think I am quite ready to tackle that yet. Maybe next week.


Here are some pics of what it looks like now. It looks like it is about to rain so it is kind of dull and dark today so the lighting is a little off. But you can get the idea anyway.





I have been feeling a little down lately. I am working really hard to pull myself up by my bootstraps but I find that when I sit down quietly for a few minutes everything that has happened hits me again. It doesn't help that even now Princess asks me about the baby. Yesterday she sat down and all kinds of things spill out: that she really wanted to be a big sister, why did the baby have to die, and couldn't we get a new baby in my belly now. I love that she feels free to tell me what is on her mind and I am proud of her for the way she handles things at only 5 but it is still hard. I would give anything I have to wake up tomorrow and find out I was pregnant again.


On a funny note: Princess came home yesterday and started to cry because someone said she had big ears. I talked to her and it turns out that what actually happened is that the teachers were discussing her and one said to the other that they had better be quiet because she has big ears. LOL I explained to her that it only meant that she was listening, not that her ears were actually big. (Thanks to daddy, she sort of does have big ears, and she may be oversensitive to the subject, but I think they are adorable and hate that someone has made her aware of them at all!)

10 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

The floor looks great!

On a different note, I am so sorry for your loss. I've been there more times than I care to think about. (((hugs)))

Cory said...

The floors look awesome. I know just how bad those types of tiles can end up, so you had quite a job getting it to look so good.

I can understand Princess being sensitive about her ears. I have big ears as well, and sometimes I get really sensitive about it. Other times I'm thankful because they help to keep my hair out of my face!

MorningSong said...

Great job on the floors.

My prayers are with you and your family as you recover from this tragic event. I am sure you will always long for that little angel but as time passes it may not be sooo painful to talk about with the princess.

Anonymous said...

great tackle!! That's a really funny story about your daughter--she sounds so adorable. Love your new look to your website!

Bridget

Marti said...

You did an amazing job! My prayers are with you. I'm glad you are able to maintain some sense of humor - it is what gets us through our darkest times. God bless you, darlin'

jennyr said...

this reminds me to tackle our kitchen floor...great job u did! thanks for sharing the photos too!always nice to see photos to motivate me,lol!

Anonymous said...

Care to clean my hardwood floors?

And your daughter is beautiful. Just keep telling her that, and she'll be fine!

Jenny McB said...

Oh, please don't tell me those are light colored tiles by the door? Why do people do that? LOL

I won't say that time will heal, but time does change how you will feel, eventually.

I like the changes in your template, including the header!

Fantastagirl said...

When I see your daughter, what I notice are her beautiful eyes...and she is a very pretty little girl, keep telling her how beautiful she is, and she will live that way!

I know they probably didn't mean any harm, but I can see why she would be a little sensitive to it.

Cheryl said...

Keep your head up! Each day it gets a microspat easier. Enough microspats will add up to macrospats and you will begin to feel better. >hugs>

Twitter