Jun 5, 2007

D*mn it!

The doctor's office just called. Apparently when the ER said they would pass everything along to my doctor they lied and when she said she had seen my bloodwork from the ER she lied.
They called to tell me that my bloodwork was fine and that my pregnancy was fine. Godd*mn it. I didn't need to hear that today. Josh got mad and started to holler at the receptionist on the phone, saying, "The numbers WERE NOT fine!"
the thing is, they weren't. Even without the trend and the last drop they were really low. And she didn't even mention that! I had to explain everything to her again and it felt like having my heart ripped out. This is horrible.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Dear friend,
I am sorry that you had to explain all over again. I got a call a month after I miscarried reminding me of my OB appt.! I remember screaming on the phone too!

Nancy said...

That is unacceptable.
I hope you send your doctor and head of ER a written ass chewing.

Really, I would make it known that they need to communicate important things like what you went through. There is no excuse for miscommunication when it comes to the loss you are going through.

I also hope you get a new doctor.

I am so sorry that you have to be going through all this. I also hope you have some support from family and friends near by.

*hugs* ~Nancy

Elle said...

That is so unacceptable! I hope you talk to whoever is the manager at your clinic because the fact that she'd call you like that - totally unexcusable!

Cory said...

As has been said before, there is no excuse for that kind of mistake. That was cruel. You've been through enough already.

Twitter