Jun 21, 2007

Recipe Sites




Thirteen Recipe Websites that Twisted Cinderella enjoys


  1. Allrecipes - I love using this site with it search function. I can search through recipes that people have submitted as family favorites by the ingredients I have in the house. It even has specialized sections like South Beach and vegetarian!
  2. Fixing Dinner - I love how this show gives us shortcut ways to prepare really wonderful food for our family. This is the site and it has recipes from all the episodes. This is the site that gave me the chicken pot pie my family loves.
  3. Ragu - This site is great for giving me ways to use the same ingredients. I hate it when I look at a pot of tomato sauce and all I can think of to do with it is spaghetti, I love to use this site to get inspired with foods that Princess will even eat.
  4. Paula Deen - Her food is wonderful and rich and luxurious and oh so fattening, but it is nice to know how to prepare all those wonderful southern favorites for a treat once in a while.
  5. Sparkes Recipes - SparkRecipes provides healthy and delicious recipes. You can find and rate recipes from other members and use the free recipe calculator to determine nutritional information of your own recipes.
  6. Homemade Simple - Great recipes from the hit show and you can browse through old recipes as well.
  7. The Very Best Baking - A great site for all sorts of wonderful baking recipes. I use this a lot around the holidays.
  8. 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet - You don't have to give up flavor when you reduce calories. This site offers recipes that are deliciously deceiving, using less sugar and fat to provide healthier recipes that please both family and guests. The recipes are suitable for any healthy weight loss diet. You can also get diet support for almost any way of eating at their forums.
  9. Rachel Ray - I love Rachel Ray and this is her site with lots of wonderful recipes. You can also check out her 30 minute meals site as well.
  10. Boot Camp Buddies - Has some great diet friendly recipes as well. You can also go to their forums for diet support on Weight Watchers Flex and Core as well as Weight Watchers Vegetarian recipes.
  11. Dottis Weight Loss Zone - Has great recipes, support and info for anyone on weight watchers.
  12. Campbell's Soup - Lots of great recipes that are easy and quick which makes it a hit with you and yummy enough to be sure to be a hit with the family.
  13. VeggieBoards - A wonderful resource for lots of very tasty vegetarian dishes.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy lots of recipes to check out. I have my thurs 13 up too
http://shrinkingladies.wordpress.com/2007/06/20/thursday-thirteen-7-13-post-picks-by-lady-rose/

Anonymous said...

wow! thanks for sharing your list of recipe websites. I've visited Campbell's before and I still visit it once in a while. I'm beginning to like Rachel Ray after I first watched her show on cable tv.

Happy Thursday!

pussreboots said...

I have a couple treasured cook books but most of the time I make things up as I go along. Happy TT.

impwork said...

I'll have to go and have a look at some of those later. Thanks for the links.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, I love recipe sites...

Thanks! Have a great TT; I'm off to find new recipes!!!

Margaret said...

Ugh, Paula Deen lives right here in Savannah and tortures us all the time.

Gotta try the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding recipe.

Great 13. I'm not playing this week - maybe next.

Jenny McB said...

Great recipe sites. I love Allrecipes and used it a lot when I was a teacher with kids in cooking who needed recipes.

I will have to check the rest out. Thank you for sharing.

Tawnya Shields said...

I wrote some of those down. I love Paula Deen, she is so down to earth. I have three of her books.

Have you been to this site?
http://www.recipezaar.com/

Great T13 I enjoyed it.

Thanks for teh info.

Unknown said...

I visit a lot of those, too. AllRecipes has quit sending me the newsletters, though. Weird, since you usually have to pull teeth to get a website to quit sending you stuff. :\ Rachael Ray makes me a little sick to my stomach, though. ;P

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great list!

I LOVE Rachel Ray. She rocks. :)

Have a great TT.

Kate Davies said...

Yum! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm always looking for new ideas for dinner.

Happy TT!

MaR said...

I love food websites, thanks for all these links and happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! How are you?????

Thanks for all the links. I need them. It is so hard to be creative EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for five people!

Anonymous said...

3 fat chickens sounds interesting.

Tilly Greene said...

Hmmm, always need a place to find good recipes - thank you :-)

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I'm an internet recipe pig and I don't have most of these. I'm adding them to my list. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

3 fat chicks is a GREAT site!!

I'll have to check out a couple more of those!

Happy TT!

Qtpies7 said...

I'll have to check some of those out! I tend to collect recipes with lots and lots of flavor, aka FAT.

Anonymous said...

Great list. I dig Rachael Ray as well.

Anonymous said...

My favorites would be #3,4, and 9.
I am a huge Rachel Ray and Paula fan.
Thanks for all the links.

Lady Jane said...

Hooray! Recipes! I love Rachael Ray. She (along with my mother) has taught me how to cook! And I love Paula Deen too. She's so funny and warm!

Twitter