Jun 25, 2007

More Princess talk

She is such a riot sometimes. As I was putting her on the bus this morning, Princess, looks at me and smiles and says, "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be just like you." I give her a big hug and say, "That's nice baby. I love you." The Princess continues, "I want to be a mommy and maybe you could be my kid." With a grin, I give her a kiss goodbye and say, "Well . . . I like being your mommy, but you could still be a mommy if you want to." She nods and says, "Okay and Daddy can be our kid." I stifle a laugh as I say, "Have a great day at preschool baby, I"ll see you later." As I walk away, I can hear the bus driver laughing at our little exchange. Sometimes, Princess just knows how to start my day off with a smile. I guess it helps that she got 14 hours of sleep last night. She got lots of sleep to dream up conversations to have with mommy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart kid, she has already learned about role reversal without ever going to a therapist as I did, lol.

Have a great week my friend!

Crazy Working Mom said...

They say the darndest things, huh!?

Twitter