May 15, 2007

Well that was eventful

Last night was certainly eventful! It had moments of tears of terror and moments of tears of joy. Let me give you a little rundown of my night.

Somewhere around suppertime, I started getting this strange cramping in my belly. It was constant and wouldn't go away. After 6 1/2 hours, I was getting scared and I called in to the health care hotline to ask advice and ask if I should be scared with regards to my baby. I mostly thought I was being silly, and that the nurse would tell me it was nothing to worry about and to just go to bed. But when I talked to a registered nurse who asked me a bunch of questions, she told me to go straight to the emergency room. (Cue the tears of terror)

I was terrified, but holding it together when the ambulance driver arrived. He was wonderful. He kept reassuring me and telling me that he thought I was fine and giving me reasons why. He told me I did the right thing by going in too, so that I didn't beat myself up over going in and I didn't stay terrified.

The hospital was over-crowded and there were no rooms when I first arrived, but after much waiting and worrying, I was in the room with Prince Charming and the doctor. He asked me more question, checked my blood work and even did an Ultrasound. The news was good and the cramping, while mysterious, didn't appear to be baby related. My bloodwork came back normal, if slightly low, and although my baby is extremely small, and he couldn't see much but, he could see the pregnancy and I got to see it too. (Cue tears of Joy) I looked at Prince Charming with tears rolling down my cheeks and said, "Look, there really is a baby in there."

My wonderful neighbour down the road, dropped everything to come over and watch Little Princess so that Prince Charming could come with me to the ER. When I came home at 2:30 in the morning, she was sitting with Little Princess (who had woken up) cuddling and watching cartoons. She had cleaned my dishes and swept my floors! And she did it all out of the kindness of her heart. I am so grateful that she was there when we needed her. Now Prince Charming and I both got to see our baby.

5 comments:

Kat said...

That is so scary. I'm so glad everything worked out!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are ok, that must have been scary!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy everything was OK and you got to see your new little blessing.. :-)

Yes, I can relate to your nose being sore. I am not pregnant but since alot of pregrant girls get nosebleeds and/or sinus problems and mine seem to do part with hormones I do understand. I squirt saline water in my nose twice per day and if it gets to sore I put neosporin in at night. Hope that helps.. :-)

Crazy Working Mom said...

Ohmygoodness! I am so glad that everything was okay. They never did tell you for certain what caused it?

Twisted Cinderella said...

No, they never said what caused it, just that it wasn't related to the baby, and that it probably wasn't anything to worry about but come back in if it continued or got worse. It only last about a day though.

Twitter