- 6 large eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 2 ounces of milk (1/8 cup)
- 3 ounces reduced fat Swiss cheese shredded
- 3-4 ounces sliced or chopped mushrooms, sautéed
- Chives and basil
- Salt and pepper
- Beat eggs and milk until well mixed
- Add salt, pepper and a bit of basil and mix
- Pour evenly into 6 deep popover cups (or 12 muffin cups)
- Distribute mushrooms and cheese evenly in each cup
- Push down so egg covers most of the mix-ins, and sprinkle chives on top.
- DO NOT overfill. Mixture will rise while baking and deflate upon cooling.
- Bake for about 35 minutes (less for muffin cups) at 350 degrees..
- Serve immediately or wrap individually for a snack on the go.
Mix and match veggies and cheese. For example: Spinach and feta, onions and guyrere, roasted red peppers and provolone. Changes spices to your taste. This is a great basic recipie to make your own.