- 1 dry lb whole grain shaped pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper, washed and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 large head brocolli, washed with stalk removed, and cut into small florets
- 1 can large ripe olives, stoned and cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces pinenuts (approx)
- 5 to 6 large leaves fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced.
- white vinegar
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Boil water and cook pasta per al dente instructions on box.
- While pasta is cooking, chop veggies as stated above in the ingredients section.
- Drain pasta into a colander and run under very cold water, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cool to the touch. transfer colander to fridge to cool.
- In a food processor, mince garlic and then add 1/3 of a cup white vinegar and 5 to 6 basil leaves. Mix until basil is well chopped. Or, alternatively, mince garlic and very finely chop the basil by hand.
- Transfer vineger/garlic/basil mix to a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tsp. sea salt and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Remove pasta from fridge and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Combine with veggies and pinenuts, then pour dressing over top and stir/toss to coat well. Serve and enjoy.
ps - this makes lots, but leftovers are great. If your pasta soaks up the dressing while sitting, make up some more to add!