- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- Drain the tofu between paper towels until most of the water has been squeezed out.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, not too thin or it will fall apart.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large Non-stick skillet, fry tofu strips until a yummy golden brown on both sides. Add onion and cook for a few minutes, until onion is at your desired consistency.
Pour in barbeque sauce (use more or less, according to your taste). Cook the mixture for ten minutes on low and serve on buns.