Here's an easy recipe with ground beef and broccoli slaw! Quick and yummy too! This one is way too easy:
- 2 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tsp. ginger, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweetener or honey to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt or pepper, if desired
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and cook the burger until crumbly.
- Add the ginger and add garlic. Cook for a few moments and then add the broccoli slaw.
- Stir fry the whole thing until the broccoli is done to your liking.
- Add soy sauce and sweetener, and continue to cook until sweetener is dissolved and liquid is absorbed. Taste test, and determine whether or not you'd like to add more splenda, soy sauce, or salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Place in serving bowl, and top with toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately. Serves one.
NOTE: Adjust amounts to your liking, of course. You can use just the burger and slaw, add cheddar cheese to the mix (no ginger or soy sauce, unless you like that sort of recipe) or add Tabasco to it. I think it's pretty versatile and extremely easy to get your serving of veggies with the meat.
NOTE: To toast pine nuts, I placed them in a heavy pan, over medium-low heat, and tossed and shook the pan to keep them moving, until they started to show some browning and until they started to smell toasted and more intense.
Enjoy! I hope to hear from someone if they like this recipe.