I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and it was actually a good one! Apparently I wasn't crazy when I thought that being a veggie was making me feel better. After only two months, it is actually doing my body better too!! Here is the news I got yesterday (and most of it is good!!)
- YAY!! My blood sugars are at a good level!!
- YAY!! My blood pressure has come so far down that it is within a normal range now!!
- YAY!! I had my bone scan and even though my density is slightly less than average, it is within normal range . . . so no osteoporosis for me!!!
- We are going to test my cholesterol after six months to see if they have come down too.
- OH WELL, and the only sort of bad news is the explanation for my sore knees. The cause is two-fold. First, I have a my kneecap is off track and is rubbing against the bone and cartilage nearby. Secondly, I have osteoarthritis in my knees. I don't really feel too badly about this news. I have had bad knees for 20 years, so while it is nice to have a name for it and it is too bad that there is nothing they can do for it, it doesn't change my life at all.