Today being News Years Eve, I have been thinking about the year that has gone by. So I thought I would share some of my highlights of 2014.
1. One of the biggest things we did this year was move to a new province. I have always liked Nova Scotia and while Newfoundland may always call to my soul, Nova Scotia has become our home. I don't see us moving back to Newfoundland any time while the kids are young.
2. My camera broke so all the pictures I took this year have been taken with my phone. I think they turn out pretty well when you take that into consideration.
3. Little Prince has actually narrowed his eating choices down. He basically only eats peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches. He hasn't really learned anything new yet. But he is on the waiting list for several therapists and doctors and I really believe that things will be getting on the go for him in the next year. The fact that he is being referred directly to a preschool autism clinic is wonderful. He has developed into such a sweet, funny, contented boy and I love him more than I can ever explain.
4. Princess Snifflefritz started kindergarten in our homeschooling and she has shown so much more patience than I can ever explain. She is such a loving, cuddly little girl. She still has a speech impediment that makes her difficult to understand sometimes, but she sounds so cute when she talks I just want to hug her.
5. Princess Magpie has developed into a little mini-me. She loves to organize and clean and cook. She loves to help in any way she can. She adores her baby brother and plays with him whenever she has the opportunity. It is all I can do to keep her out of his room when he is napping. My only issue with Princess Magpie is that she is so insecure, she doesn't realize how very special she is and it has been my goal to help her with that.
6. Princess Belle has really liked our move. She has two friends that live right around our door who share her interests. She loves having her own room and loves the fact that one of her friends is next door and yells out his window to talk to her in her window. So all in all she has been really contented here. She is a great big sister and I am pretty sure, Little Prince thinks she is another mommy to him. He adores her!
7. Little Prince fell out of his crib in February of this year and broke his collar bone. My poor boy! I felt so awful. He did heal though and you would never know he had fallen. I was thrilled when he got his little brace off, but he and I are both a little nervous over his klutzy tendency to fall though. I would love to pad his whole world to keep him safe and I admit it, I am really over-protective of my boy.
8. My girls spent a great deal of time this year dressing up. They love it so much and I LOVE to watch their fun and their enjoyment.
9. At the end of the this year, I decided to stop away from the TOS review crew. They have been good to me, but I felt pulled in too many directions and needed to let somethings go for a while. As much as I enjoyed the TOS Crew, it was honestly a relief to have one less deadline on my plate.
10. In March, Princess Magpie got into the craft supplies and gave her little sister a haircut! It took a LONG time for her to look halfway normal again. Good thing she is cute so that she could pull off that horrible 'do.
11. I started doing a lot more cooking with my little girls this year. They love it so much and always ready to jump right in and stand on a chair to 'help' me in the kitchen.
12. And this year, I finally became the mommy of only one child in diapers! It took a long time, but Princess Snifflefritz finally got the hang of being completely potty trained.
13. Princess Belle experimented with dying her hair blond and she loved it which was what I wanted for her anyway.
14. One of the things we liked about moving to Nova Scotia was all of the events and festivals we have been able to enjoy.
15. It was our first year doing homeschool with three kids full-time. I have struggled to get a routine but we are getting through it. The kids are loving it and that is the important thing.
16. Our friend Chris was missing this year and we spent a lot of time worrying about him, but we were thrilled when he was found safe and sound.
17. Little Prince moved to a big boy bed and he made the transition remarkably well! I am so proud of him.