serves 18 with only 143 calories a serving!
- 1 1/2 cups Egg Beaters or liquid egg whites
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups apples, grated or cut into small bits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9' x 13' x 2' pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Beat together the egg beaters, sugar, and applesauce until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and grated apples.
- Combine the dry ingredients and fold into the wet ingredients. Fold in the
- raisins and walnuts.
- Spread in the pan and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until the cake tests done. Turn the cake out onto a rack and cool completely before cutting into 18 squares.