Sep 30, 2013

Pancake Squares


Perfect if you don't have time to stand at the stove and flip pancakes but you want your kids to have a hot breakfast my family loves these~~Southern Mama~~

3/4 cup milk
2 T. melted butter
1 large egg
1 T. sugar (we like our sweet I add at least 1/4 cup of sugar)
1 cup flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

(I can see many ways to change these up, I tried changing the butter for this cinnamon spread and I have and then sprinkling it with cinnamon sugar to make a sort of cinnamon bun pancake - REALLY YUMMY!  I can also see trying different variations, with fruit on top, with chocolate and peanut butter, all sorts of ideas!)

No comments:

Twitter