Sep 5, 2013

Homeschool Update

I have to say, two days in, homeschool is going great.  Princess Belle is doing so much better in math than she has in the past and Princess Magpie is surprising me with how quickly she has picked up on the things she is learning.  She knows so much more than I thought.  In two days she has learned to spell her name, learned how the number 10 looks and learned the upper and lower case A.  Princess Snifflefritz is doing really well.  Seeing as she is only three, sometimes she works and sometimes she looks at books in the corner, but she has learned to recognize the letters in her name and she is surprising me with how much she knows as well. 

As for me, I am enjoying the time with my girls, but I am finding the days long.  It is hard to get everything done when you are homeschooling three.  It takes more time.  But, I will find my own pace.  I am enjoying this too much not too. 

I can't imagine not being there to see the revelations.  To see Princess Belle finally start to grasp a math concept that has escaped her and to see Princess Magpie suddenly exclaim, "Mom!  Guess what!  A 10 is made from a number 1 and a zero!"  To see Princess Snifflefritz jumping up and yelling out the answers as we read questions from a book. 



No comments:

Twitter