- 1 cup mayonnaise (light or regular- your preference)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 large bunch of broccoli (you'll need 6 to 8 cups florets)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 to 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon (see Tips)
1. Prepare the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Prepare the salad:
- Rinse the broccoli and the flowerette ends into bite-sized pieces (discard the stems).
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl.
- Add the onions.
- Add just enough of the dressing to coat the broccoli- add a little, toss, add a little more- until you have coated the broccoli lightly with the dressing (you may not use it all).
- Add the tomatoes, raisins, cashews and bacon.
- Gently toss to blend all of the ingredients evenly.
- Add more dressing, if needed (only if the salad is looking dry).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Can be prepared up to a few hours in advance, but it's best to toss with the dressing about an hour before serving.
*Notes: The broccoli is served raw. And you shouldn't frozen broccoli.
*For easy clean-up, cook your bacon in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400[dg]F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. Lay the bacon slices on the rack. Bake it for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Timing will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon.