Recipe yields 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup packed brown suger (light brown or golden is best)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in pot, mix in brown sugar, cream and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat and whisk gently for about 7 minutes or longer if you doubled.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add vanilla and return to cook for another minute or so to thicken a bit more.
- Take it off the stove and pour into a jar then pop it into the fridge and VOILA you're done!