Quick Bacon Pasta
1 pack bacon
4 cups Any Dry Pasta like Macaroni
1/2 - 1 cup cheese (pick your favorite kind and add as much or as little as you like)
Butter (grease from the bacon works well)
2 cup Milk
2 cup Chicken Stock
Salt / pepper — to taste
- Get a large pot of water going on the stove.
- Meanwhile, cut up the bacon into bite sized pieces. Fry the bacon in a skillet at low heat until extra crispy, remove to a paper lined plate and blot the oil. Set that aside for now, in the oven if you want. Taking it out of the pan and then adding it back only at the very end keeps the bacon more crispy. If you don’t care about that, you can leave the bacon in the pan and continue.
- Drain off all but 2 tbsp of fat. Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Add onion and brown.
- Turn up heat to high and deglaze the pan with chicken stock and milk, scraping it well. Reduce heat and simmer mixture for 5-10 minutes. You want it to thicken a bit. (I added a little cornstarch) Watch out for the mixture foaming over though. You might need to add a bit of water and reduce heat.
- When water boils, salt it and add macaroni. Cook till al dente then drain (don’t rinse or sauce won’t stick to pasta).
- Add pasta to skillet and toss well. Add cheese. Cook for about 1-2 minutes more. Off heat add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the reserved bacon, mix and serve. (garnish with chopped fresh tomatoes if you like, it is really yummy that way)