• 2 cups cornmeal, yellow or white
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 3 large eggs
• 1 can (approx. 15 ounces) cream-style corn
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Heat oven to 425°.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs; stir in the cream-style corn and melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until blended. Spoon into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and the cornbread springs back when lightly touched with a finger.